Tuesday, May 29, 2012

They're Magic!


This is a snapshot of the Ambassadors Choir, a musical group made up mostly of residents at Mason Christian Village, at the end of their rehearsal today. Their big spring program is this week, and Dave Lautzenheiser asked me to be the narrator. It's called "Cinemagic." I've been memorizing like a madman since last week--there are really only a few little spots for narration. although Dave has a way of throwing things in at the last minute. But, typical for me, I just couldn't get to it ahead of time.
I was surprised, frankly, at how good the choir is. I enjoyed hearing them sing, and it will be fun to do the little bit of schtick that's a part of the narration.
We have dress rehearsal tomorrow afternoon and then "performances" Thursday afternoon and evening and Saturday evening.
The trips to MCV three afternoons this week are making a very full work week even fuller. It will be fun--if I remember all my lines!
Evelyn and I mowed this evening, and I chopped down all the suckers around the crabapple tree in the backyard. We had a nice shower this morning, so nothing needed to be watered.

No comments:

Post a Comment